Filser-Briefe
Von
Randburg
Montag 09.07.2018, 00:46 – geändert Montag 09.07.2018, 00:48
Du möchtest die Antworten lesen und mitdiskutieren? Tritt erst der Gruppe bei. Gruppe beitreten
Von
Randburg
Montag 09.07.2018, 00:46 – geändert Montag 09.07.2018, 00:48
Du möchtest die Antworten lesen und mitdiskutieren? Tritt erst der Gruppe bei. Gruppe beitreten
I am saddened, that nobody seems to remember the "Filser"-Briefe of the "Sueddeutsche Zeitung" of the Sixties and Seventies, who where written in the so-called "Filser-English". Of Course the Grammar purposely was totally wrong, because the context was actually German, but the translation was literally, which meant it was not real English but a Travesty and had the character of an ironic Cabaret of political events of this time.
Todays politics are equally ridiculous and especially Horst Seehofer's political escapades make a good base, to revive the "Filser" Briefe.
I wanted you to compose your own "Filser-Briefe" in the same way. All it needs is a news paper of your own choice, or even just a little write up from you in German and a Dictionary and regardless of Grammar or language rules you just translate your text word for word into English. But you may not use the correct translation. You must use the term that still sounds German.
I know it sounds complicated, but it is not too difficult and it is very funny.
Best example of of wrong English terminology was Heinrich Luebke who once said to Queen Elisabeth at a Parade: "Her Majesty, equal it goes lose". "Filser English" is based on the same terminology.
Anyway, it was just a try that went in the wrong direction.
I thought there might be some Members from Bavaria among us and still remember the "Filser-Briefe". Seems I was wrong.